• Business & Commercial. Clients frequently turn to us for support in business formation and for advice regarding for-profit and non-profit corporations, LLCs, partnerships and sole proprietorships. We offer experience in business buy-sell agreements, commercial leases, employment agreements, employee policies and disputes, employment terminations, business transactions, business operations, unfair competition issues, employment privacy and confidentiality issues, shareholder meetings, advising and defending corporate directors and officers, business bankruptcy and business dissolutions.
• Real Estate. Preparation and review of real estate documents, negotiation and drafting of leases, representation in evictions, foreclosure avoidance, boundary line disputes, easements disputes, the legal defense of real estate brokers and agents, and actions against brokers, agents, contractors, subcontractor or others who have failed to comply with legal duties.
• Probate. When probate is necessary, we offer our experience to assist and guide the executor or administrator through the probate process as smoothly as possible. We provide advice to heirs and creditors of estates to help protect their legal rights.
• Estate Planning. Attorney consultation with clients and personall preparation of documents to fit their particular needs, such as living trusts, irrevocable trusts, wills, health care directives, powers of attorney, and related documents, to avoid probate and to provide for transfers of family wealth.
We represent clients in a wide variety of civil legal matters, including:
• Litigation, Arbitration & Appeals. Tim Stearns is considered one of the most experienced civil litigators in Siskiyou County. For example, he has successfully represented clients in cases such as failure to diagnose breast cancer, a mother and daughter seriously injured in a high speed collision, a client whose home was flooded, a client who was cheated out of his inheritance, a corporation which was sued for false advertising and unfair trade practice claims, homeowners who sued for faulty home construction, clients with easement disputes, premises liability injuries, fraud suits, breach of fiduciary duty claims, commercial and residential landlord-tenant disputes, claims of violating the Davis-Stirling Act, a trustee who obtained double damages against others who wrongfully transferred trust assets, breach of contract disputes, tort claims, and a wide variety of other cases through trial, arbitration or on appeal.
• Personal Injury. We represent clients who have suffered serious personal injuries such as head injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, spinal injuries, internal injuries, and injuries to the extremities, as a result of careless conduct or intentional wrongdoing by others - whether from a vehicle collision, pedestrian injury, construction injury, injury from medical negligence, or other cause. The initial consultation in such matters is free. If our clients do not receive compensation for their injuries, we do not receive any attorney’s fees.